Our Mission and Purpose:
To build up our women – young and old – in faith and fellowship, and to inspire them, throughout the seasons of their lives, to show forth daily what the “Bride of Christ” looks like in the world.
Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
Lighthouse promotes various events and ministries for women throughout the year in order to strengthen, encourage, nourish, and direct them to be — and for some, become — the Women of God that He intends them to be. Our Ladies Ministry Coordinator Jamie Zogata, along with Barbara Hilderbrand, direct on-going ministries, such as baby showers, meals for the homebound, nursery duties, and fundraisers throughout the calendar year. Our yearly highlights include:
• Ladies Morning Out – our annual post-Christmas morning “retreat” event with great food, great Girls-Only! fellowship, and an inspirational speaker.
• Annual WI District Ladies Retreat – a district-wide event where nearly a thousand women from United Pentecostal churches all over Wisconsin come together for 3 days/2 nights of spiritual retreat and refreshing – the 2nd weekend in May.
• Mother’s Memorial – a special fundraising effort to coordinate with the United Pentecostal Church International’s Ladies Ministries drive to assist various ministries all over the globe. Our local LPC contribution is especially targeted at helping sponsor foreign college students in Bible training facilities worldwide.
• Monthly “Women of the Word” – held on the 1st Monday evening of each month, interested women gather to pray for our children and families, study a thought from the Bible, and share insights from books we have been reading. Locations vary, and our meeting time is 6:30-9:00 pm on each 1st Monday, February through June and October through December. (No WOW meeting in January, May, July, August, or September.)
• Weekly Women’s Prayer – each Thursday morning, 9:00 to 10:00, the LPC Sanctuary is open for any women who choose to come to pray. A prayer leader is always present to direct and assist with special prayer needs.