To proclaim JESUS – the Mighty God in Christ – to our children, and to present His Word and His Story to them in such a way as to establish their faith for a lifetime.
We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and His strength, and His wonderful works that He hath done. For He established a testimony … that the generation to come might know them, … and declare them to their children: that they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments. Psalm 78:4-7
To accomplish in our children the goals of:
• Establishing with joy the lifelong habit of steadfast faith and trust in God and His Word;
• Encouraging faithful obedience to His Word; and
• Enabling and inspiring them to develop a spirit of wholehearted worship and praise.
Our “Kid’s Church” is conducted while the adult congregation is in their own Wednesday Evening Midweek Bible Study service. Lighthouse’s Children’s Ministries include:
• Kids’ Church, for children ages 4 ½ through 11 years of age
These ministries use theme-based curricula that include Bible stories, Bible memorization, skits, puppetry, songs, games, snacks, handwork and other age-appropriate activities. Each class emphasizes to our children that God’s Word has an answer and example for every question in life.
All children see things in a different way – we strive to bring them from what they know about God to what they should know. We believe that no one is too young to learn about salvation, what God has said, and what God expects of each of us. While enthusiastically encouraging movement and activity, we also strive to emphasize good habits of discipline, cooperation and teamwork.
Our Children’s Ministries utilize a small, but dedicated, staff of adults and young adults-in-training, with various talents and backgrounds, including:
o Barbara Hilderbrand, director of LPC Children’s Ministry; pastor’s wife
o Adam Zogata, assistant and superintendent of LPC Sunday School
o Sara Rose, assistant – Kids’ Church
• WORD – to repeat the Word of God in every child’s ears so that he/she will remember it and obey it for themselves;
• WORTH – to reinforce the worth of every child in the Kingdom of God so that he/she knows that they are precious to God, safe in His sanctuary, and loved for who they are; and
• WONDER – to restore the wonder and willingness to serve our Wonderful God with passion and anointing.
Thy Word have I hid (treasured) in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee. Psalm 119:11